To set up PayPal so that Control can deliver real time alerts, follow these simple steps. You should already have signed up for a Control account, and completed connecting PayPal to the Control app.
Alerts for 3rd party apps such as Control are set up in your PayPal Selling Tools section. To access these tools, follow the steps in the order below.
- When you first connect your PayPal Business account to Control, you will receive an email with a unique URL. Copy the URL.
- Login to your PayPal and Profile in the top right.
- Click Profile and Settings
- Click ‘My selling tools ‘ in the menu along the right hand side.
- In the section ‘Getting paid and managing my risk’, click ‘Update’ to the right of ‘Instant payment notifications’.
6. Paypal’s Instant Payment Notifications (IPNs) are similar to Stripe webhooks. IPNs automatically notifies merchants of events related to PayPal transactions. By enabling Control to receive IPNs, we are able to calculate your key metrics and deliver you meaningful real time alerts. Click ‘Choose IPN Settings’ on this screen.
7. Copy the URL from the email you received from Control, into the ‘Notification URL’ field. Ensure that ‘Receive IPN Messages (Enabled) ‘ is selected, and click ‘Save’.
8. Your IPNs have been successfully set up to work with Control. Contact us if you need any assistance with your Control + PayPal IPNs.