The more events we receive from all your connected payment platforms, the more computing power and data processing effort it requires to interpret and normalize in order to present them as business metrics.
What is considered a data point?
Control classifies these following transactional events as data points:
- A new charge was successful, failed, refunded or charged-back
- A pre-authorized charge was captured or released
- A customer added a card
- A customer updated the card info
- A new customer profile was created
- A customer’s subscription was created, updated, or deleted
- An invoice was created or updated
- The payment for an invoice was successful, failed, refunded or charged-back
- A transfer was created
- A new dispute was filed
What happens if I exceed the data point threshold?
The Card Reader subscription includes a maximum of 200 data points per month. If you exceed this threshold, a $10 charge per additional 100 data points will be added to your monthly invoice. As your business grows, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team and we'll be happy to help you find a solution tailored to your needs.